Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NeoClassicicsm

I had a neo-classical dream. I dreamed there was a grove in the forest, with fruit hanging from trees. There were ladies in flowing Greek dresses picking the fruit. (I think this image came from the Mary Cassat mural in the Women's building at the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition here) In the middle of the grove was a bower of white flowers with a young man reclining on it. He was wearing a pale gray morning coat and top hat. (He looked kind of like Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club.) He said "These are the fruits of knowledge and science". I went into grove and watched them picking fruit, but I noticed that there was something moving among the undergrowth.
There were satyrs who kept trying to take the fruit.
Maybe this is about the misuse of science, or consumerism or something like that. Or maybe I read too much weird stuff before going to bed. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment