Monday, May 11, 2009

Steampunk Easter Eggs

Happy fifth Monday of Easter, gentle reader(s)! I love that liturgical seasons last so much longer than the one day - it makes my occasional holiday posts almost seem timely. . .

But enough about that. This Easter, I decided to do steampunk themed eggs. Then I took pictures of them. You might say I got carried away. I also made a cute chubby bumble bee, but I ate it. So, without further ado...

“Why are airships always white?” Drystan mused.

“Come again?” said Will, looking up at the ship too.

“They’re always painted the same whitish-silver. I’ve never seen one that was another color.”

“What color would you paint it?” Will asked.

“Saffron,” came the immediate response. Will raised his eyebrow so Drystan continued. “An airship made of saffron silk would look exquisite against the sky. And at sunset. . ." he waved his arms rhapsodically. “Think of it! I’ve always thought airships should be the color of saffron.”

Will smiled. Drystan probably had always thought that, for who knew how long. That was the kind of thing he thought about.

“But on a cloudy day,” Will said, “wouldn’t it look sort of bilious?” He continued along the walkway, leaving Drystan lapsed into a rare thoughtful silence.


It turns out it looks rather good in the clouds, although if it were completely overcast, it would indeed look bilious. Of course another type of airship that looks rather striking is a pirate ship. Dun dun DUUUUUUUN!!!

By the way, the above conversation is from a story I'm working on, with a situation very much like this, except the airships aren't quite as adorable, and the saffron-colored one is, sadly, white. Read on for two more steampunk Easter egg adventures.

3 comments:

  1. Carried away? Whatever do you mean, the eggs themselves, or the well lit, dramatically angled pictures with cotton clouds.

    I think you could totally make children's books of airship egg advedntures, because, after all, they are adorible.

    Monicle emoticon-> p_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my poor child! Would that you would land a lucrative job. But I admit, I loved the eggs.Your Mom. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps with Mary's suggestion I shall find a lucrative job...

    ReplyDelete