Friday, February 5, 2010

I forgot!

I was going to use another example in my last post, about technological optimism. I just got Spirit Tracks, the steampunk Legend of Zelda! It's so cute it made me fly away on a hot air balloon to the land of squee, although some people don't like it so much.

There's a temple in the middle of the map that's a roundhouse, and it turns when you unlock more tracks to new realms! As you explore and meet people, they ask you to do things for them (it is Zelda, after all). Said things involve driving them, their friends, and their groceries all over creation. And it's totally fun! All the townspeople are so excited that they are connected by rails now, and they can sell their cuccoos, and meet strange creatures, and see snow. People import goods from far away and start businesses, and all kinds of stuff.

See? Technological optimism. Seriously, it's an awesome game, for many reasons. Although I think I like Phantom Hourglass better. It was harder and had more Linebeck.

No comments:

Post a Comment