Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My heart exploded, I squealed, I fell over, and this is awesome!

Then I came back to life to post this:




It's the latest set in their series of collectible pins that appear in all the shops at Disneyland. There's more info here.

Now, there are two big, glaring problems here. No, it's not that big bad corporate Disney is commercializing Steampunk (get a haircut, hippie). No. Worse. Where the heck is Launchpad?!? And have they never heard of the Disney Afternoon?

Oh well. As I'll be in Disneyland in a week and a half, I may have to look for some of these, since they're awesome. Aviatrix Daisy and Sheriff Goofy are particularly cute, but I'm once again reminded of how uncomfortable it must be for a duck to wear heels... I wonder if any of them hung out with Scrooge and Goldie in the Yukon during the gold rush.

2 comments:

  1. This may actually be the coolest thing to happen to Disney characters since Donald became a Black Mage (Kingdom Hearts). Come to think of it, do you really want a guy with his temper able to cast Firaga?

    RE Daisy's shoes, ducks would have an easier time in shoes than most birds, since they bear weight on their toes and heels, like us, rather than using the thumb-toe (or two, on parrots) in the back.

    And it occurs to me that I actually thought about that long enough to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true, ducks don't have a back toe, so they could fit into shoes slightly better, but I was referring to how their feet are flat, and get wider at the front, rather than pointy, like the shoes they'd be squishing into.

    And yup, I thought about it long enough to clarify it...

    ReplyDelete