Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mysteriously Steampunk Old Cartoons!

So I was looking up "Come Take a Trip in My Airship" on youtube, because it's an awesome song, and a picture on deviantArt reminded me of it. It was a popular song in 1904, and it's a very cute love song. I found a few videos of a singer named Billy Murray singing it on old phonographs (odd, because the song is from a girl's point of view), and I also stumbled upon this cartoon.



There's this one too, which has the whole song with the lyrics, and is on acid. At 2:48, the adorableness begins, but the whole cartoon is pretty awesome. I like that the second cartoon has it as a duet. Johnny Cash sang it too, but not all the verses. Who would have been a good singer to sing the woman's part with Johnny Cash?

Here's another video using the song, with some really great old airship clips!

3 comments:

  1. Sherlock Hound is the first show I remember watching that had bits of steampunk in it.

    http://www.youtube.com/show?p=K162qI1LPF8

    enjoy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. O_O That's amazing! How did I not know about this cartoon? Thank you for introducing it - I have lots of youtubey fun to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://shirt.woot.com/ (april 7th 2011)

    thought you should see this.

    ReplyDelete